Message From The Principal
Greetings Elmhurst Families,
I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe! We miss you and look forward to students returning. Summer has gone by quickly and I know as August 31st approaches, there are questions about the school year. I want to provide important information in this section.
- First, please know that our priority is the safety of our students and staff. We are here for you and look forward to partnering together to support your student. We too are parents and understand the impact COVID-19 continues to have on our school district, state, country, and the world. We are adhering to Health and Safety Guidelines from the Department of Health and the Tacoma Pierce County Health Department. We follow the guidelines to allow our students to come back to in-person learning and keep everybody as safe as possible.
- Given current Covid case rates, our district decided that in-person events like Back-to-School Night will not be allowed to start the 2021-22 school year. Therefore, an email will be sent to parents on Wednesday, August 25th with the following information:
- A welcome letter from your student’s teacher.
- A one page back to school reminder with information related to masks, arrival / dismissal times, etc.
- Arrival and dismissal procedures for walkers and parent pick up.
- Unlike last year, families will not need to complete attestation forms if your student was participating in in-person learning. However, please do not send your student to school if they are sick and / or showing the following symptoms:
- A temperature of 100.4 (degrees Fahrenheit) or above.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills / repeated shaking with chills
- New loss of taste or smell
- Headache / sore throat / muscle pain
If you have questions about your student’s health, please contact our School Nurse, Kelly Thomas (253-298-3500).
- The Franklin Pierce School District is providing school supplies for all students to begin the year. In addition, Parkway Presbyterian Church is hosting a clothing and school supply event during the week of August 23rd. Please see newsletter for details.
- We are excited to have staff back in the building. Staff are engaging in professional development during the week of August 23rd. Staff are engaging in learning related to improving instruction, social and emotional learning, and equity.
Teachers will be in communication with families shortly. Additionally, please listen for Elmhurst auto dialers with updated information, or call our main office with questions at 253-298-3500. We look forward to partnering with you and having a great start to the school year.
With compassion and care,
Mr. Mondragon, Mrs. Kessler, and the Elmhurst Staff